PP Maiden Voyage
The Thing in the Jungle
Ye Olde Book of Lairs from AD&D had a great “encounter” akin to this using a Bear. The Savage Worlds Deluxe version of the Chase rules is idea for this. So here are the modifications to this adventure
- Make the Yellowback a Wild Card
- Agility will the base roll (although considering at least one Stealth vs. Notice ambush)
- Yellowback is +2 for being faster than everyone and +2 for this being his territory to offset the impact of terrain (net net, he is +4 over the PCs for the most part)
- PCs are -2 for terrain. If someone does have a Pace of 8 or more they get +2 to their roll
- Given this is a running melee, the “range” penalty applies to any attack:
- So if the Yellowtail or PCs are attacking on an initiative card of 7, they can attack melee at -4.
- If you get the King or Joker, you can also Wild Attack
Modifications to the Obstacles (drawing a Club):
Replace Major Obstacle with the following for the PCs
- Pit Trap: The nearby Red Men have been trying to get this Yellowback for years. The area is littered with Pit Traps. Take 2d6 damage from falling/spikes and -1 to initiative next roll. If critical Fail, you are considered to have drawn a 2 of Clubs for the next rounds initiative
- Quick Sand: Treat as Entangled and must send next round trying to get out. If Crit Fail, someone will need to help. Start drowning rules
- Had to cross narrow ledge over a ravine. Take 2d6 falling damage and -1 to initiative next roll. If critical Fail, you are considered to have drawn a 2 of Clubs for the next rounds initiative
The Yellowback as normal rules.